For those of you interested in doing something with us, here are some submission guidelines.
The round is interested in proposals which are:
- related to language teaching
- for a niche market
- willing to take a risk
- innovative in content
and finally, but not necessarily:
- innovative in form (e.g. an app you know you can make)
The round is not particularly interested in proposals which are:
- an MA thesis that you want to publish as a book
- better suited for a big publisher to handle (e.g. a six level coursebook to compete with Headway)
- reproducing material that is already abundant out there (e.g. a grammar book with explanations on one page and exercises on the facing page)
To submit a proposal to the round, use the contact page. Please send us an initial 100-200 word pitch for your title, explaining what it is, how you envisage it looking and how it is different to whatever else may be out there on the subject.
One of us will then be in touch, and if your proposal sounds like something that belongs in the round we will take it from there and see how it goes.
It’s worth noting that, once the round grows in number, we will be getting authors “in the round” to comment and/or vote on proposals.
We look forward to hearing from you.