- Guide price
Want to try out something new in the classroom? Shake things up and get out of a teaching rut? How about taking a walk on the wild side of ELT?
This book gives both experienced and new teachers detailed frameworks to successfully implement experimental lessons. Aiming to create an up-to-date work on modern areas for experimentation, the authors selected five hot experimental areas in ELT:
- lexical chunking
- corpora in the classroom
- translation 2.0
Each chapter provides history and background on each area, a sample lesson plan, opportunities & risks as well as dos & don’ts for each practice area. A “toolbox” at the end of each chapter opens the path for further exploration of the experimental practice jungle, with current trends and key resources. Each chapter follows the same user-friendly template, making the book a simple-to-use guide to experimentation in the ELT classroom.
This book is aimed at:
- New teachers who want to start experimenting early to develop good habits
- Experienced teachers looking to escape old habits while developing professionally
- Cambridge Delta candidates embarking upon their Experimental Practice assignment
- Teachers seeking new ways to engage and inspire both themselves and their learners
So what are you waiting for? Take a walk on the wild side!
Experimental Practice Lesson Plans
Click on the link below for full page colour PDFs of the lesson plans in the book. You can print these out for easy reference in class.Experimental Practice Lesson Plan pdf (1588)
- Experimental Practice in ELT is now available at Amazon in Kindle format.
- To read Experimental Practice in ELT you need a Kindle, PC, Mac, Android device or iPhone/iPad.
- If you want to read the book on a device other than a kindle then you can download a free Kindle reader here.